My main interests include the analysis of brain imaging data to study human cognition and also to understand diseases such as Alzheimer's Disease, Autism and Dyslexia. I am also very interested in the development of computational morphometry tools for quantification of various aspects of brain structure, and in studying the genetic basis of brain structure.
Email: Josue [dot] Dalboni [at] unige [dot] ch
2013 – 2015 PhD in Biomedical Engineering (University of Florida, USA)
2009 – 2011 MSc in Biomedical Engineering (Universität zu Lübeck, Germany)
2004 – 2008 BSc in Civil Engineering (Federal University of Alagoas, Brazil)
2011 – 2012 Research Assistant (Universitätsklinikum Tübingen, Germany)
2010 – 2011 Research Assistant (University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands)
2005 – 2009 Research Beginner (Federal University of Alagoas, Brazil)
1. Dalboni da Rocha JL, Schneider P, Benner J, Santoro R, Atanasova T, Van de Ville D, Golestani N. (2020). TASH: Toolbox for the Automated Segmentation of Heschl’s gyrus. Sci Rep 10, 3887. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-60609-y
2. Dalboni da Rocha JL, Bramati I, Coutinho G, et al. (2020). Fractional Anisotropy changes in Parahippocampal Cingulum due to Alzheimer’s Disease. Sci Rep 10, 2660. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-59327-2
3. Dalboni da Rocha JL, Coutinho G, Bramati I, et al. (2020). Multilevel diffusion tensor imaging classification technique for characterizing neurobehavioral disorders. Brain Imaging and Behavior 14, 641–652. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11682-018-0002-2
4. Caria A, da Rocha JLD, Gallitto G, et al. (2020). Brain–Machine Interface Induced Morpho-Functional Remodeling of the Neural Motor System in Severe Chronic Stroke. Neurotherapeutics 17, 635–650. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13311-019-00816-2
5. Zurita M, Montalba C, Labbé T, Cruz JP, Dalboni da Rocha J, Tejos C, Ciampi E, Cárcamo C, Sitaram R, Uribe S. (2018). Characterization of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients using support vector machine classifications of functional and diffusion MRI data, NeuroImage: Clinical, Volume 20, Pages 724-730, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nicl.2018.09.002.
6. Ebadi A*, Dalboni da Rocha JL*, Nagaraju DB, Tovar-Moll F, Bramati I, Coutinho G, Sitaram R, Rashidi P. (2017). Ensemble Classification of Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment Based on Complex Graph Measures from Diffusion Tensor Images. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 11, 56. doi: 10.3389/fnins.2017.00056. *Equally contributing first authors
7. Rana M, Gupta N, Dalboni da Rocha JL, Lee S, Sitaram R. (2013). A toolbox for real-time subject-independent and subject-dependent classification of brain states from fMRI signals. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 7, 170. doi:10.3389/fnins.2013.00170
8. Liberati G, Dalboni da Rocha JL, van der Heiden L, Raffone A, Birbaumer N, Belardinelli MO, Sitaram R (2012). Toward a Brain-Computer Interface for Alzheimer’s Disease Patients by Combining Classical Conditioning and Brain State Classification. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, v. 03, p. 1.
9. Liberati G, Veit R, Rocha JD, Kim S, Lulé D, von Arnim C, Raffone A, Belardinelli MO, Birbaumer N, Sitaram R (2012). Combining classical conditioning and brain-state classification for the development of a brain-computer interface (BCI) for Alzheimer’s patients. Alzheimer’s & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer’s Association 8 (4), P515
1. Rocha J.L.D., Cabus R.C. Development of a computational code for analysis of the insolation in facades with external obstruction. Maceio, Brazil. Iberian Latin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, 2008.
2. Rocha J.L.D., Machado A.C., Lages E.N. A finite element for local analysis of the mechanical behavior of tubes. Maceio, Brazil. Iberian Latin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering, 2008.
3. Rocha J.L.D., Cabus R.C. Generator of reports for study of the insolation in facades. Brazilian Meeting of Technology in the Built Environment. Fortaleza, Brazil. 2008.
1. Rocha J.L.D. On the role of structure/function relationships in the formation of functional connectivity networks. Brazilian Congress on Brain, Behaviour and Emotion. Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2012.